Beaver Bend’s #1 morning show for 10 years running now has a home on the web. Who are Steve and Tawny? Well, if you’re one of the few who don’t know, we’ll tell you. Steve Hammerstone and Tawny Skypunch have hosted a very popular (in the Beaver Bend area) morning show for many years. The show features good old fashioned chit-chat, along with interviews, advice, arguing, pettiness, and water cooler talk. A few years back, CBC Radio – Canada’s national public broadcaster – asked Steve and Tawny to go out and cover the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. They had no previous experience with sports, but made the best of the opportunity afforded to them by the CBC, and in part Steve’s dad who is a broadcasting bigwig. After the Olympics, they were offered an advice show called The Know-It-Alls. They did 50 episodes answering important questions about the world, like “when’s the best time to mow my lawn?” or “what’s the deal with that smoke behind planes?” and “How do I deal with a chatty boss?” Most recently, The CBC has been airing “best of” moments from interviews Steve and Tawny do on their multi-award-winning morning show.
- Key to the City (does not fit. novelty key)
- #1 Morning Show as voted by readers of the Dam Strait 10 years in a row.
- Canadian Association of Broadcasters: Participation Certificate
- Commemorative mugs
- Most gossiped about radio team end of year list in Hot Dam! (local gossip flyer) 2 years running
- Tawny was February in the Beaver Bend Tradesman calendar. (snowmobile suit)